Cafflano®Kompresso is the world's most compact and lightest portable authentic espresso machine. It uses a hydraulic system that complies with Pascal principles to increase the extraction power of espresso.
Pascal's principle (the transmission principle of fluid pressure) is a principle in fluid mechanics, which states that the pressure change at any point in a closed fluid in a static state will not be reduced to all points in the fluid. The hydraulic compressor of this Cafflano®Kompresso is designed to maintain a high pressure above 9 bar until the espresso is completely extracted. In addition, dual-mode pressure (pressing and pulling the handle) can maximize the effect of gravity.
It weighs less than 200 grams (0.45 pounds) and is compact (17 cm x 10 cm), but its performance is better than all existing portable espresso machines on the market. When extracting espresso, it always provides a pressure of more than 9 bar, which is the magic number of espresso.
【Key Factors of Cafflano®Kompressor】
- Hydraulic water compression is the opposite of typical pneumatic air compression
- Unique compression model design can maximize force efficiency
Consistent high pressure over 9 bar
- Lightweight! Less than 200 grams (0.44 pounds)
- Compact (17 cm x 10 cm)
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Durable and hygienic
- Easy to use and clean
- Maximum capacity of water = 80mL (2.7oz)
- The maximum capacity of the basket filter = 15g (0.03 pounds)
- Low price, no need to replace the filter
- International patents (utility and design patents)
The science of stress
- Pressure is measured using atmospheric pressure, calculated from the pressure generated by the atmosphere, usually the atmospheric pressure at sea level is one atmosphere.
- Nine atmospheres (9 bar) when making espresso is usually nine times the pressure of one atmosphere. Stephen said: "Espresso has a very long history, and nine atmospheres is known as the most suitable pressure for extracting espresso."
- In order to make it easier for everyone to understand, you can imagine the situation where the tires are pumped up. Most cars need to be inflated to 32 PSI (approximately 2.2bar) and for bicycles 65-85 PSI (approximately 4.4-5.8bar). The 9 atmospheres of espresso extraction is equivalent to 4 times the normal car tire pressure.
Clarify the confusion caused by Crema
- There is still a point of confusion that we should pay attention to, which is the condensed crema.
- "Freshly brewed espresso will have a beautiful golden crema on the surface. When the ground coffee is extracted with a pressure of 7-9 bar, crema will be produced."
- Crema is composed of the fat of coffee itself. Although it is often defined as an indicator of good quality espresso, it still depends on the characteristics of the beans themselves. For example, washed coffee usually produces less crema, so crema cannot be used as an absolute basis for quality.